MSD is a large and diverse organisation, with over 9,000 staff. As a government agency, we are fully committed to the fundamental ‘spirit of service’ characteristic of the New Zealand Public Service and to the principles that underpin everything the Public Service does:
- acting in a politically neutral manner
- giving advice to Ministers in a free and frank manner
- making appointments on the basis of merit
- fostering a culture of open government
- proactively promoting stewardship of the Public Service
We are especially mindful of these principles given the extent of our reach into New Zealanders’ lives.
In this section we report on our progress towards delivering on the goals we have previously set ourselves with regard to strengthening our people culture, our responsiveness to Māori, equal employment opportunities, health and safety, information, data and evidence, technology, management of resources, and ensuring value for money, risk mitigation, and good governance practices.