Chief Executive’s Statement of Responsibility
As Chief Executive of the Ministry of Social Development (the Ministry), I am responsible for:
- the preparation of the Ministry’s financial statements and statements of expenses and capital expenditure, and for the judgements expressed in them
- having in place a system of internal control designed to provide reasonable assurance as to the integrity and reliability of financial reporting
- ensuring that end-of-year performance information on each appropriation administered by the Ministry is provided in accordance with sections 19A to 19C of the Public Finance Act 1989, whether or not that information is included in this annual report
- the accuracy of any end-of-year performance information prepared by the Ministry, whether or not that information is included in the annual report.
In my opinion:
- the annual report fairly reflects the operations, progress, and organisational health and capability of the Ministry
- the financial statements fairly reflect the financial position of the Ministry as at 30 June 2021 and its operations for the year ended on that date
- the forecast financial statements fairly reflect the forecast financial position of the Ministry as at 30 June 2022 and its operations for the year ending on that date.
30 September 2021